Frequently Asked Questions

Where is city hall?

City Hall is located at 100 Village Center Drive in the North Oaks Financial Center building. Go in the main door at the west side of the building. City Hall is upstairs in Suite 230.

When is city hall open?

  • Regular Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., except for holidays.
  • Summer Hours (May 29 - August 31): Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Fridays 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Where is my polling place?

The City of North Oaks is divided into two precincts:

  • Precinct 1 votes at 100 Village Center Dr., Suite 150, North Oaks, MN 55127.
  • Precinct 2 votes at Waverly Gardens, 5919 Centerville Rd., North Oaks, MN 55127.

Hours for voting on Election Days are 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

A map of the precincts can be found here: City of North Oaks Voting Precinct / School District Map

When does city council & planning commission meet?

City Council meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month. Planning Commission meetings are held two weeks prior to the Council meetings. All meetings are held at the Community Meeting Room, 100 Village Center Drive, Suite 150 and begin at 7:00 p.m. Meetings are open to the public.

How can I watch public meetings with subscribing to cable TV?

Any resident of North Oaks can receive Public, Educational and Government Access Channels at no charge through a universal service agreement with Comcast. There is no fee for installation and no monthly fee unless a cable converter is required. You will need to have universal service for this. Please call North Suburban Communications Commission at (651) 792-7500 to request this.

City Council and Planning Commission meetings are live cast and repeated during the month on North Oaks channel 16.  Playback of Council and Planning Commission meetings are also available online. Read more here: Webcasts / Cable TV

Are animal licenses required?

Yes. Animal licenses required for all dogs and cats over the age of six months. The license is valid through the period of the current rabies vaccination. Licenses cost $15 each and are available at City Hall. A copy of the current Certificate of Rabies is required. Details may be found in the Animal Ordinance 90. Read more here: Animal Licenses

Can I fish in North Oaks?

No. Fishing is not permitted by residents or guests of residents of the City of North Oaks as per Minnesota Natural Resources Department Statute 6262.0500, "WATERS CLOSED TO TAKING FISH. Our City's waters are permanently closed to taking of all fish at all times." Those caught fishing will be ticketed and are subject to paying a fine.

The DNR will periodically take fish from Pleasant Lake for testing purposes or for display in Minnesota State Fair tanks.

City Hall & NOHOA: What's the difference?

City Hall is responsible for police, fire, permits, licenses, septic, road safety (signs and striping), deer management, and City ordinances.

NOHOA is responsible for roads, parks and recreation, vehicle stickers, yearly dues, and the Architectural Supervisory Committee (ASC).

Where is the homeowners' association?

NOHOA is located at 100 Village Center Drive Suite 240, North Oaks, MN 55127. You can contact them at (651) 792-7765.